Look how shiny it is!
First of all, spanks to the hel-arious Michelle Donner for nominating me. She's a peach. Her blog, birds fly south, is cute and funny. You should read it on the reg. Okay so basically this award is for new bloggers (which tend to be blogs with 200 followers or less - yup, I'm not even close). The award gets passed around by bloggers nominating other new bloggers to help their blog get noticed and more followers. So fetch.
Here are the rules and requirements:
1. Thank your Liebster Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for the blogs you nominate.
3. Present the Liebster Bog Award to 11 blogs that have less than 200 followers or blogs you feel deserve to be noticed. Be sure to leave them a comment on their blog to let them know they've been chosen.
4. Copy and paste the award on your blog - loud and proud sisters!
Alright, so let's get this party started. Hopefully I don't disappoint.
11 Question from Michelle
1. Where do you find most of your clothes?
This is an easy one - I pretty much stick to the Gap and Target. Between those two stores I can find everything I need. Well except for my jeans, those are always from Ann Taylor. Guys, Ann Taylor jeans are amazing. Like I have a testimony of their jeans. Go get a pair, or two.
2. If money weren't an issue, where would you travel?
Okay this will probably sound lame, but I just want to take a long trip with Gar back East. I know, I know - I could go anywhere in the world and that's where I picked? Let me explain - there are reasons my babies. First, I grew up in Connecticut and I haven't been back to visit in over seven years. Sad face. I would love to go back and show Garrett everything from my childhood. Similarly, Garrett spent every summer of his childhood with extended family in New Jersey and I know he would love to show me around his old stomping grounds. But the main reason is that I am dying to go to New York City. If money weren't an issue New York City would be the place for me. Unlimited shopping, museum visits (this would be first), and I'd be seeing a show every single night - Newsies, Matilda, Kinky Boots, Once, Peter and the Starcatcher, and Motown the Musical - just to name my top choices.
3. What makes you laugh?
Si from Duck Dynasty. Watch it.
4. Who do you admire?
My parents - they're awesome. I basically live with the mentality, WWHAJD? (What would Harlow and Jennifer do?) If you haven't met them, you should. You'll love them.
5. If you could trade lives with one person for a day, who would it be and why?
I actually think it would be really interesting to trade lives with my Jack for a day. Is that weird? Probs. But I guess I want to see what our day is like through his eyes. Plus I wouldn't mind taking a two hour nap everyday...
6. What is your dream job?
My dream job? As in something that would never, ever happen? Well that would be bounty hunting with Dog and Beth. I would have the coolest coworkers, I would be on television, and my job would be sups exhilarating.
7. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Reality television. It's so bad but it's so good.
8. What was something embarrassing that happened to you in high school?
So many options. So many embarrassing stories. How do I choose just one? My high school experience could just be broken down into embarrassing stories. This one, however, is the one I look back at and cringe. Senior year of high school I thought I was the breast. Especially in choir (yeah, I was that girl). That's probably embarrassing enough, but there's actually a story that goes along with it. That year I made the All-Region choir, which only added to my obnoxious ego. Basically, once you make the choir you spend an entire day rehearsing intense collegiate level choir music and then put on a performance for your parents to sit through that night. Since my younger brother Billy is sups talented he also made the choir that year, and by some coincidence they placed us right next to each other (which was awesome, but it's also necessary information for the story). The final number of the performance was going to be this intense gospel number where all the parts were intertwining, building and finally came together at the end. There was a repeating chorus that was also the last line in the song, which everyone sang together in unison. However, the final line had an added rest for everyone (so it would have a beat of silence) which was added for dramatic effect. It was going to be awesome. It was easily my favorite number, especially because I could sing as loud as I wanted at the end.
So hours passed and it was performance time. We had sung every song and it was now time for the finale. Billy had noticed that I wasn't always looking at my music, (basically I thought I knew everything so I didn't need to look at my music anymore) so he leaned over and reminded me about the rest at the end of the song. I quickly hushed him and whispered a rude, "I know." Well you guessed it. The very end of the song came and I sang right through the rest, when everyone else was silent. EVERYONE. Like I was the only person singing and it was obviously a mistake. I had ruined the finale and felt like an idiot. Oh and of course when it happened everyone turned and looked at me - the director, the choir and the audience. Awesome. So embarrassing.
9. Where did your family go on vacation when you were younger?
Everywhere. My parents took us on awesome vacations and they made sure we had at least one family vacation a year. (Have I mentioned that they're da bomb?) When we lived in Connecticut my parents took advantage of all the places nearby - New York City, Boston, Cape Cod, Rhode Island, and Washington D.C. In addition, they took us to visit all the LDS historical cites across the country. A few of my personal favorite trips were to Disney World (duh), Yellowstone, Nova Scotia and the great Estes Park, Colorado trip of 2004.
10. Are you living in an apartment, house, or condo? What are the pros and cons of the area you live in?
Apartment (ugh and we are a little sick of it). However, I have grown to love Provo. There is so much to love here; the canyon, the library, the new Recreation Center, the local restaurants and boutiques, the Farmer's Market, the Riverwoods - I could go on and on. Cons: Provo is college town so there are lots of annoying college students (I know, I used to be one).
11. What are three things you cannot live without?
Air, water and food. Just kidding, those are lame answers. I would have to say my iPhone - but before you judge it's not for the annoying reasons like Instagram and Facebook. First, I need it for the camera; I can just whip out as soon as Jack does something adorable. It also allows us to Facetime with family and provides Jack with something to do besides scream bloody murder when we're shopping. The next thing I cannot live without are ponytail holders. If there were no such thing as ponytail holders I would have a shaved head. And the last is music. It's my love.
11 Random Facts about Myself
1. I'm a lefty.
2. I prefer music fron the 60's-70's over any other music. I'll take David Bowie over Beibs and Carol King over Demi.
3. Britney Spears was my first concert and it was Spears-e-licious. Yup, it was the "Oops, I did it Again" tour. Be jealous.
4. I'm the pickiest eater, ever. And it's really annoying to me (and anyone that has to go out to eat with me). I don't like cheese, milk, butter, yogurt, seafood, deli meat, tomatoes... and well, much more.
5. I have what we call "the scale eye." Sounds crazy, huh? Basically I have eczema (sups dry skin) and it's on my left eyelid. Don't worry, I have medicine.
6. I was nominated for Homecoming Queen in high school.
7. As a child I attended "Camp Sew Fun" but unfortunately no sewing skills remain.
8. I could live off Chick-fil-A. I mean those chicken sandwiches and their lemonade? Never gets old.
9. I still listen to Hanson - yeah, the same ones who sang "MmmBop."
10. I drive a Cube.
11. I'm legitimately afraid of ET - I will never let Jack watch that movie.
11 Questions for my Nominees
1. Who's your celebrity crush?
2. What's your favorite Pixar movie?
3. Who's your favorite Friend? Ross, Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Phoebe, or Joey?
4. What was your first job? (Babysitting doesn't count)
5. Your favorite Christmas memory?
6. Most embarassing moment, ever.
7. What's your guilty pleasure?
8. What song is on repeat on your iPod right now?
9. Would you rather be able to speak any language fluently or be able to speak to animals?
10. What's your favorite television show?
11. If your life were a TLC/Lifetime reality show, what would it be called?
11 Blogs I Nominated
1. life of a palindrome
2. Adventures in Motherhood
3. The Rich Life
4. Silver Linings
5. Peach Lemonade
6. On the reals.
7. kelly elizabeth
8. Open Spaces
9. Crazy Lovely Me
10. Kisses from the Mrs.
11. The Silver Lining
Alright, hopefully I did a good job. And here's one more Liebster Award picture, just for me!